Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gusher 5K

Ok well... I just started running again about 1 1/2 ago and it should have been way sooner but you know 3 kids sometimes keep you from things you want to do!  So I entered my first 5K on the 12th of March, and I had so so so much fun.  My time was pretty good at 30:01!  Pace 9:40 minute mile.  I was 12th out of 80 something in my age group... super excited.  When I finished I was ADDICTED ... I wanted to do it again... SO I signed up my Party of Four (well I guess I could push Blake) for the Neches 5K on April 2!  The girls will run just 1 mile in a fun run.. and Ben and I will do the 5K..

My friends Kelly and Tiffany!!!and Myself!!

I have also got Ben's sister, Brittany; and her husband, Brett, on the race bandwagon. and Brett's sister, Tarynn!  Just last night Brittany told me she found us one for May in Beaumont!  I am so excited to be running again. Before Blake I was training for a half marathon, and yesterday I printed the training schedule ... I am on the third day ... on my way to the 13.1 miles...
Brooklyn and Momma!!



No comments: