Thursday, May 5, 2011

Run! Run! and Run!

I am full out running again and it feels GREAT!  I started in February, did my first 5K in March, and have done 2 more since!  My times have gradually gotten better......My last 5K I went to The Woodlands with Brittany and Tarynn to run with an old friend of mine Melanie, in The Run for Hope!  It was so awesome to see her!  Mel has lost like 90lbs and just looks AMAZING!!!

My goal was to do a 5K in 25 minutes and I ran this one in 25:16... 16 stinkin seconds away from my Goal, so I guess I will be doing another one soon to put that Goal behind me!!!
I am so excited to be back in shape and feeling Great!  It helps me keep up with the three children who are always going 90 miles an hour!  My recent route took me 10 miles and I ran every step!  I will be looking to enter a 1/2 marathon very soon .. so wish me luck!!http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/33288526!!!! Then after that I told Ben I hope (crossing my fingers) that in March 2012 I will be confident enough to do the Gusher Full Marathon!  26.1 miles HERE I COME!!
Brittany, Taryn, and Kelly!!!



1 comment:

Hi, I'm Missy! said...

That is awesome. I want to get into running. I have gone out a couple times and to be honest, it almost killed me. Any advice?

Did your friend lose all her weight from running?